Welcome to my very last party post for a little while! The last thing I want to share with you is how I made the moss covered letters. well, maybe want isn’t the right word. I could chat about my parties for some time and probably start to bore you… So let me rephrase that, that last thing I’m going to share with you about my parties is the moss covered letters.
This is another party decoration I have seen around and loved! (Unfortunately, I don’t remember where or else I’d share that as every good blogger would.) I so wanted to incorporate them into my woodsy party somehow! It was one of those things, I want this decoration, but what am I going to do with it??? Ah, ha! A backdrop for the dessert table! if you read the original post about the party, you know that the desserts from the dessert table ended up moving inside before everything melted, which left the dessert table and my moss letters just hanging out outside in the HOT without the fan fare they were expecting!
And since I had no idea where I had seen them, I had to make up how to make them! Here’s how I did it:
Wooden Letters (or you could use the cardboard ones, I suppose)
Sheet of Moss (I got mine at Hobby Lobby, but I think they sell it Micheals and JoAnns)
2. Cut moss around the letter. Be sure to leave enough on each side to wrap around the side of the letter and on to the back of the letter.
3. Spray the front and sides of the letter with the spray adhesive. (You could do it another way and spray the moss instead of the letter. Either way works!)
4. Press the letter onto the moss.
5. Pull and press the moss around the letter. Hold for a few seconds to make sure it adheres.
6. There will be some areas that don’t get covered. So I cut little pieces of moss, sprayed them with the adhesive and glued them on. They blend right in, so don’t worry about these areas, like corners, etc.
7. Wahla! Hang and display!
There ya go! Those were my two parties for the spring. Hopefully you enjoyed seeing them! And thank you, too, to my guests during these weeks of party posts, Brittany from One Charming Party and Chris from Celebrations at Home!!!
I still want to have a camping party this summer. Maybe once we get our campsite spruced up we will!
And then probably not another party untill my son’s September birthday party. That one I am still debating… Dr Suess? Book Party? Outer Space Party??? Super Hero Party??? Monster Party??? Art Party??? …. So many ideas, but I can only choose one! What parties have y’all liked for 3 year olds???