To Do List- John Smith Halloween Costume, done

The first thing crossed off my To-Do-List is the John Smith Halloween Costume!

Ok, have you seen Pocahontas lately? Because it seems like my husband and friends don’t seem to remember the outfit.. They keep saying, well, doesn’t it need this or that… Um. No. This is it.

This costume is for a friend of a friend 300o miles away in Florida. So I’m crossing my fingers that it actually fits. I used a 2T pattern, his size, but some pieces look too small (the arms) and other pieces look to big (the length of the pants).  Who knows! But I have to say I’m nervous! I don’t actually know if the kiddo is a tall and skinny 2T, short with a cute toddler belly 2T or just the run of the mill 2T.

There are a few things I’d do different if I did it again and had more time to spend on it. The boots…  I needed to angle out the boot flap so that it didn’t hug so tightly to the rest of the boot. The pattern I used was a pattern for shorts/pants, which perfectly showing me where the pants stopped and the boots began.

And the sleeves. I tried to make them big, but they look tiny. This is a repeat habit I seem to have… I always seem to make the sleeves too narrow. And the little poof sleeves (I’m sure there’s a more technical term, but…), I’d make those a little smaller.

But on the other hand… I love how the shirt turned out. I used the pattern, Simplicity 2907, for the shirt (and pants) and just turned it around. The front is now the back and the back is now the front. For the front I cut two peices and stitched them together down the front. Turned them inside out and sewed the neck line together for a finished edge at the top. I also added the ength tot he front for the pointed bottom.

I sooooo hope it fits!!

 

Shared with these Link Parties!

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 680 other followers