In honor of our very favorite author, link love is today instead of Friday this week.
Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!
March 2nd is Dr. Seuss’s Birthday!
We love Dr. Seuss! My son LOVES the Cat in the Hat and especially the ‘The Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About That’ PBS series. Our birthday planning hasn’t quite started, we’ve got a few months to go before we pick a theme. After finding some of these great Dr. Seuss party ideas and crafts, I’m thinking that we might have a theme in the works!
Check out these ideas!
1. As you might have noticed, I’m a fan of cute buntings! Check out this tutorial for the Dr Seuss bunting from 1PureHeart.
2. The Dr. Seuss printable by 74 Lime Lane is lovely. My son is only 2.5, but this week, we’ve read ‘Oh, The Places You’ll Go’ every night!
3. This Dr. Seuss printable by also from Kellie at 74 Lime Lane, but is from a guest post on Kind over Matter. I’ve printed this one for my son’s new playroom. One day I’ll get all the art hung!
4. This is another project that I wanted to do, but never did. Handmade Building Blocks! Brandi at Brandibug did an awesome job and did the blocks with Dr. Seuss pages. Great Tutorial!
5. I’m not sure if it’s the crazy blue ‘hair’ or the red velvet that I like most about these Thing 1 and Thing 2 cupcakes from Kitchen Doughdough! I’m already wondering how to do the cupcakes without loosing the hair!
6. A grouping of Dr. Seuss tutorials would not be complete without a Cat in the Hat hat tutorial. This is a great one from Mama Lusco.
7. I love cup cake toppers. I was talked out of doing any for the Dragon Party, but not again this year!! Check out these with all the Dr. Seuss toppers from DesignDreamEtsy.
And to celebrate, we’re reading a book along with NEA’s Read Across America Day.
NEA’s Read Across America is an annual reading motivation and awareness program that calls for every child in every community to celebrate reading on March 2, the birthday of beloved children’s author Dr. Seuss.
What is your favorite book Dr. Seuss Book? Hope you’ll celebrate with us and read your favorite book too!