Big news here! I did something last week that I have wanted to do since high school. I kept blowing it off as no big deal. That is until Thursday morning, the morning before my scheduled surgery, I woke up freakin’ out. A nervous Nellie I was FOR SURE! I wasn’t questioning what I was doing, but all of a sudden it hit me that what I was doing wasn’t just a little nothing thing to ignore! I had a breast reduction! I’ve wanted and needed it for a long time. I’m sitting here writing this between naps from my pain medications! The surgery went well, but like with any surgery, there’s the painful healing time….
I’m so excited to not have to deal with the pains of the big boobs. I soooo don’t understand wanting big boobs.. They just hurt! And they don’t make too many cute clothes for those of us that do have them. This year, one of my goals was to make more of my own clothes so that I didn’t dress so blah. But now I had this and am so excited to be able to have my pick of patterns that will look cute!!!
These are some I’ve had my eye on….
1. This easy peasy shirt from Lemon Squeezy Home via Sewing In No Man’s Land is really cute! I had it pinned thinking would be good for the before boobs, but it’s going to look really cute for the after boobs!
2. I just found this pattern for the Amelia Dress on Sew Mama Sew today. Very cute and it would never have fit me before!
3. I think this Front Tie Spring Dress by Make It Love It is totally cute! And before it probably wouldn’t have fit me since I wore the size 5T pattern she has it in, but like she says it could be for kids or adults!
5. And who doesn’t love the Washi Dress by Made By Rae??? Before I knew there was no way to get the girls in that dress. But now I can try this one too!
6. I’ve been wanting to try out these t-shirt patterns from Sewing the Littleheart Collection.
7. And this dress is cute, too. The One Hour Elastic Dress via Make! I just can’t believe that I might be able to wear a sleeveless dress again… Wow!
I still some work to do on the ‘ole figure, but just knowing that I will have more options this summer is helping pull me through the recovery process. OK, now to take another nap…..