I finally finished!!!
If you’ve been reading along for anytime within the last year, you know I’ve been participating in the Seattle Modern Quilt Guild BOM for 2015! I was moving right along until I hit the pile of about 130 little half square triangles…. Then it came to a screeching halt!
I quilted the top as I sent. Each border I’d piece and then quilt the top and the batting. My only downside with this was that I would forget to include a larger seam allowance. The larger seam allowance helps when ironing open the seams. Typically I don’t iron open, but with the QAYG it helps reduce bulk.
For the back I used a few left over blocks and more of the fabric from the front. Then I mostly quilted in the ditch around each border. But doing that left a nice big square in the center, so I quilted over a few of the circles that I quilted in the center block.
I’m super glad I took pictures each month as I went along. I love seeing it ‘grow’! The center is my inside out pineapple pattern. And it grew from there! You can find all the block directions here, if you’d like to make your own.
And I got to use my new labels! I got a 50 pack of labels that are dated 2016, so I have to make 49 more this year! Ha! I got them from Tagtopia and she was great to work with!
This, unfortunately, was the only quilt on my First Quarter Finish A Long that I actually finished! Not at all what I planned! Good news is that I at least finished something…
I”m so excited to have this one done! And it’s going to be well loved in my house!