Did you join the Mighty Lucky Quilting Club this year? If you didn’t, you still can. I chose to do the yearly membership and get a challenge each month. Am I behind already? Of course!
The January Challenge was Bias Tape. I already knew how to do the bias tape from the Technicolor Galaxy Quilt I’m (still) working on, so it wasn’t totally a new thing to me. It took me a while to decide what do to, and then it hit me!
A tile rep had come into our office and had given us an update on her products and there was this one tile that I loved and of course my first thought was, ‘That would make an awesome quilt!’ But I wasn’t sure how I wanted to get the curves and the thin lines. Then that’s when the bias tape challenge came into play!
I found this blue in my stash that I have had, but had not had a use for yet. So I made it into bias tape!
Then I started making my blocks. They went super fast. Mostly scraps from my stash.
Then I glued on my bias tape. The instructions I’ve always seen say to use this wonder tape stuff. I’ve tried. I can NOT for the life of me get it to work. So I use washable elmer’s glue.
And this is what I got! If you search the group on IG, most of the projects are probably more free form and seem more sketchy than mine, but I actually really like how this turned out!
So the plan is to keep making more blocks until I get this! I LOVE it! I can’t wait! I just need 8 more blocks…
Off to make more!